Writing Experiment: Day 1

The experiment started well enough. Because it’s a Saturday, I managed to have a lot of uninterrupted time to write.

Since my first novel (which is currently called Blood in the Sky) is with betas, I started Novel 2 (not a sequel, just the next one). In the three days leading to the experiment, I wrote 2169 words. Today, I did four writing sessions in between the usual Saturday chores. I managed 1018, 1538, 1519, and 1237 respectively. Then I had to take care of some volunteering business I do. I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty wiped. It’s been a while since I had such high daily wordcounts.

Overall, I feel like it was a very good start. Currently, the total wordcount stands at 7481 and I’m hoping to get to 10k tomorrow, though I will have less time than today.

Novel 2 stats:

Day 0: 2169           total: 2169
Day 1: 5312           total: 7481

 

Current deadline to finish the novel (though this is subject to change as I’m still learning ad experimenting with writing speed) is to finish first draft by the end of July. Keep your fingers crossed!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s